[PD] multiple instances of a patch forbidden in 0.49, why?

katja katjavetter at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 11:52:54 CEST 2018

Thanks Miller for this quick yet powerful fix.

It currently operates on patches as opened from the window menu. Help
patches can still be opened more than once from the contextual menu. I
verified that this can be fixed by calling glob_open() instead of
glob_evalfile() from open_via_helppath() in s_path.c:

glob_open(0, gensym((char*)basename), gensym(dirbuf), (t_floatarg)1);

However to make it work, the prototype of glob_open() must be declared
when compiling s_path.c, otherwise the float argument is not passed
correctly for some reason (while the file and dir name are, isn't that
odd?)

Katja