[PD] Managing externals/abstractions in libraries

Atte atte at youmail.dk
Sun Sep 23 20:27:55 CEST 2018

I can think of three ways to make external libraries (externals/abstractions) available on my debian stable (running pd 0.47.1 from the debian repos):

1) install the ones from the debian repos
2) using the deken plugin
3) compiling by hand

I'd rather stick with one to avoid total mess. What do other debian users prefer? Is there a an easy way to include a bunch of directories recursively, rather than adding each of the 30+ paths available in usr/lib/pd/extra/ alone?

I'm trying to find the right balance of control over where what comes from and avoiding too much double work.
--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://a773.dk