[PD] Managing externals/abstractions in libraries

Atte atte at youmail.dk
Mon Sep 24 09:39:38 CEST 2018

On Sun, 23 Sep 2018 21:02:23 +0200
IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:

> there is also the "pd-deken-apt" (Debian) package, which allows you to
> install the Debian packaged libraries from within Pd (using the deken
> plugin)

Ok, thanks!.

I just installed 0.48.2 (with my debian hat off), deken is included. I also removed all pd-* debain packages, in an effort to keep s much as possible coming from deken.

However, it seems it's not possible to ask deken which package will provide a certain file (like "apt-file search" in debian). Example: I'm looking through stuff I grabbed from the net to study/modify/learn-from/reuse, and one patch needs avg~. What's the cleanest way of figuring out which (if any) package in deken will provide me with that file?

Cheers
--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://a773.dk