[PD] Managing externals/abstractions in libraries

Kaj Ailomaa ailomaa at warpmail.net
Mon Sep 24 12:33:15 CEST 2018

When I work on something bigger, I put my externals in the same dir with my patches . Some of the externals may be originally installed from a Debian repo,  some from Deken, some compiled.  I find the externals that I need and that work. Then, I just copy the externals to my patch dir to keep things in order. This way I know exactly what I have and I can redistribute the files between computers.

 I also keep a specific Linux distro and a specific version of puredata. I don't update until I'm ready to face problems that come with updating (changes in features, behaviour, regressions, etc) - which might mean that the patches need to be rewritten in.