[PD] multiple instances of a patch forbidden in 0.49, why?

Ivica Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Mon Sep 24 14:23:42 CEST 2018

Pd-L2Ork offers -unique startup flag that leverages Tcl/Tk's ability to
share variables across multiple apps. By default it tries to open patches
in an existing instance to prevent newcomers who tend to open patches by
double-clicking on icons from opening multiple instances of Pd-L2Ork and
thereby getting confused by the existing patches (if any) not communicating
with the new one (e.g. via sends and received) or having two consoles. With
some minor modifications, this should  be also able to do the same per
patch  Please feel free to copy/port, as needed.

Best,

Ico

--
Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
Interim Assoc. Dean, College of Liberal Arts and Human Sciences
ico at vt.edu
liberalarts.vt.edu
www.performingarts.vt.edu
disis.icat.vt.edu