[PD] multiple instances of a patch forbidden in 0.49, why?

Max abonnements at revolwear.com
Mon Sep 24 14:55:43 CEST 2018

On 24.09.2018 14:23, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> On 2018-09-24 14:11, Max wrote:
>> On 24.09.2018 13:01, Dan Wilcox wrote:
>>> you can always double click the directory itself and launch things via
>>> the file explorer if you want multiples from there
>>
>> I think there is no consistent cross-platform behavior in this regard.
>> While on MacOS this will open in the same Pd instance, Linux will open
>> another Pd to open the file with (Windows too IIRC).
>
> at least with the Debian packages, Pd will open the patch in an already
> running instance (if possible).
> (other distros might have the file-associations wrong;
> if you install Pd from source, there are not file-associations at all).

Do you mean the file associations in the File Manager? If not, is it
possible for the user to make these file associations? For the File
Manager, in Dolphin "pd" is the application associated with the file
which is the one in ~/.local/share/applications (currently
Pd-0.49-0test5) which I have installed from source.

> on Windows, there is a bug-fix coming with Pd-0.49, so that patches
> opened via the file-associations will open in an already running
> instance as well.

very good news.