[PD] Managing externals/abstractions in libraries

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Sep 24 15:50:35 CEST 2018

On 2018-09-24 15:26, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:
> hmm, yeah, I guess we forgot to upload that file to deken :/

when using the "deken" cmdline tool (well, a recent enough version) for
packaging/uploading, the default package-format (dekformat=1) will
already take care of this.

packagers can chose to use the old format (dekformat=0) for
compatibility with older deken-plugin versions, but then they won't get
this feature.
Pd-0.49 comes with a very recent deken-plugin; users of older
deken-plugins are asked to upgrade their plugin in the least annoying
and most persistent way i could imagine (which might be more annoying
and less obvious than i wish for); so i think that packagers really
should switch to dekformat=1.

fgamdfr
IOhannes