[PD] file associations on windows (was Re: [PD-announce] Pd 0.49-0test4 released)

Lucas Cordiviola lucarda27 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 24 20:31:09 CEST 2018

Would be nice to do it on pd_guiprefs.tcl. The .pd file association does not need to specify 32 or 64 Pd on the registry key.

A bit more on pd_guiprefs.tcl. :

On:

https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/pull/476

we talked about the need to not share prefs for pd32 and pd64.

The C side looks trivial but something must be done on the Tcl side on pd_guiprefs.tcl.

IOhannes suggested generating some file with just:

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Pure-Data-32"

or

"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Pure-Data-64"

so that when when pd_guiprefs.tcl is started the pd32/64 has been already detected.

I'll like to know if this is possible when starting Pd with "~/wish85.exe ~/pd-gui.tcl patch.pd"