[PD] [PD-announce] Pd 0.49-0 released

Kaj Ailomaa ailomaa at warpmail.net
Wed Sep 26 16:22:28 CEST 2018

On Wed, Sep 26, 2018, at 4:09 PM, Ingo wrote:
> I managed to install 0.49 from the unstable repository but cannot find out in
> which folder it was installed or how to start it.
> When I type "pd" into the console it still wants to start 0.47 from
> /usr/lib/puredata which I finally moved away from the original folder.
>
> Neither "apt-get remove puredata" nor "apt-get purge puredata" did uninstall
> my Pd 0.47 version.
> I'm on Debian Stretch 9.5 .
>
> Any help for being able to actually use 0.49 is greatly appreciated!
>
> Ingo

Sure you haven't compiled pd from source, and installed it at some point? Check the path /usr/local/bin/. If you have 'pd' there, it most probably means you compiled and installed it from source.

/usr/local/ has precedence before /usr for executables. You can see the order for where executables are found and run by doing 'echo $PATH' in your terminal.