[PD] PD .49 crashing when saving patches

Dan Wilcox danomatika at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 20:54:52 CEST 2018

Seems so. Phil Stone reports a similar issue where the full key fixes don't seem to be reflected in the release build.

I think you just need to re-run mac/tcltk-wish.sh 8.5.19 to apply the latest patch, then remake the app bundle with mac/osx-app.sh. Also, check the output from mac/tcltk-wish.sh to see if the patch was applied.

> On Oct 11, 2018, at 8:40 PM, Miller Puckette <msp at ucsd.edu> wrote:
>
> Is this then just because (apparently) I didn't manage to get the latest
> fixes to Tcl/Tk 8.5 into 0.49-0?
>
> thanks
>
> On Thu, Oct 11, 2018 at 08:30:18PM +0200, Dario Sanfilippo wrote:
>> Hi, Dan.
>>
>> This seems to work.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Dario
>>
>> On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 at 17:24, Dan Wilcox <danomatika at gmail.com <mailto:danomatika at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>> Can y'all try this test build: Pd-0.49-0test3-keyfix4.zip
>>> <http://docs.danomatika.com/pdbuilds/Pd-0.49-0test3-keyfix4.zip <http://docs.danomatika.com/pdbuilds/Pd-0.49-0test3-keyfix4.zip>>
>>>
>>> On Oct 11, 2018, at 1:15 PM, pd-list-request at lists.iem.at wrote:
>>>
>>> Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2018 12:59:28 +0200
>>> From: Edwin van der Heide <pd at evdh.net>
>>> To: pd-list <pd-list at iem.at>
>>> Subject: Re: [PD] PD .49 crashing when saving patches
>>>
>>> For me PD crashes when I create a new file, not when I overwrite an
>>> existing file.
>>>
>>> On 11 Oct 2018, at 12:44, Dario Sanfilippo <sanfilippo.dario at gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I also get a seg fault:
>>>
>>> Segmentation fault: 11
>>> gui socket 3 -
>>> closing audio...
>>>
>>> <http://dariosanfilippo.tumblr.com/>
>>>
>>> On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 at 12:33, Edwin van der Heide <edwin at evdh.net <mailto:edwin at evdh.net> <
>>> mailto:edwin at evdh.net <mailto:edwin at evdh.net> <edwin at evdh.net <mailto:edwin at evdh.net>>>> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Yes, the same thing happens to me on macOS 10.13.6.
>>>
>>> Bellow follows a part of the crash report.
>>>
>>> If needed I could learn how to compile PD on OS X and run it in debug mode.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>>
>>> Edwin

--------
Dan Wilcox