[PD] drag and drop - tkdnd on osx

Lucas Cordiviola lucarda27 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 24 01:11:39 CEST 2018

> But my question was: where to put it, so that PD (on OSX) can find it ?

I think on osx you should have the same folder tree:

whateveryourpath-to/externals/pd-dnd-plugin --> here the "dnd-plugin.tcl"
whateveryourpath-to/externals/pd-dnd-plugin/tkdnd --> here
"libtkdnd2.8.dylib" and all the other .tcl

And then add path  " -path pd-dnd-plugin " or [declare -path pd-dnd-plugin].

> what is the plugin supposed to do ?

Open a file explorer.

Drag and drop a .pd file to the console --> the patch is open in a new
window.

Drag and drop a .pd file to the an open patch --> the dropped .pd file
is now a sub-patch.

I didn't test anything else, probably there are other functions?

:)