[PD] drag and drop - tkdnd on osx

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Oct 24 07:38:06 CEST 2018

On 10/24/18 1:11 AM, Lucas Cordiviola wrote:
>> But my question was: where to put it, so that PD (on OSX) can find it ?
>
> I think on osx you should have the same folder tree:
>
> whateveryourpath-to/externals/pd-dnd-plugin --> here the "dnd-plugin.tcl"
> whateveryourpath-to/externals/pd-dnd-plugin/tkdnd --> here
> "libtkdnd2.8.dylib" and all the other .tcl
>
> And then add path  " -path pd-dnd-plugin " or [declare -path pd-dnd-plugin].

that's something that puzzled me with your deken package as well:
instead of putting the plugin into <PATH>/pd-dnd-plugin/, why don't you
just install it it into <PATH>/dnd-plugin? (so you end up with a file
<PATH>/dnd-plugin/dnd-plugin.tcl; with <PATH> in Pd's search path)
no fuzzing around with preferences, path and lib whatnot.
this is how all GUI-plugins are supposed to be installed.

the "pd-" prefix of the github project is probably only there to
organize the repositories on github, rather than meant as the canonical
installation path.

(as a sidenote, i doubt (having not tried it) whether [declare -path]
does *anything* for GUI-plugins, as these are loaded on startup of
pd-gui only)

mdsr
IOhannes