[PD] Pd 0.49 64b windows processing question (+ pd~)

João Pais jmmmpais at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 21:11:18 CEST 2018

Hello list,

I just noticed that pd 0.49 comes packed with 64b. I was interested to ask
what are currently the biggest advantages. I imagine that lots of added
memory capacity; but for example, is it still limited to only one
processor?

I also notice that pd~ is in windows already for a while, I think I'll
test it soon for the next version of my porting of Henke's granulator. I
would like to know: is it guaranteed that parallel processes will run in
different processors, or a bit of a luck game managed by the operating
system?

Best,

Joao