[PD] send~ and receive~ with blocksize different than Pd's?

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 15:22:58 CET 2018

On Thu, 2018-11-01 at 14:46 +0100, Peter P. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to use a [block~ 1024 1 16] object in a subpatch to
> oversample 16 times. If this subpatch uses send~ and receive~
> objects,
> or throw~ and catch~ Pd reports the error that:
> 	receive~ foo: vector size mismatch
> 	sigsend foo: unexpected vector size
> If I set the blocksize of the subpatch to Pd's blocksize with
> [block~ 64 1 16] things work.
>
> I assume that send~ and receive~ and friends can run at Pd's
> blocksize only?

Yes, and the help of [send~ ] clearly states so. And it also provides
the solution: use [tabsend~ ], [table] and [tabreceive~]. Those work
for all block sizes, but obviously only if [table] >= block size.

I don't know if there is a block size agnostic substitution for
[throw~] and [catch~] (many senders, one receiver). I can't think of
one.

Roman