[PD] Linux xrandr: force Pd and new windows on specific display

Lorenzo Sutton lorenzofsutton at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 17:34:12 CET 2018

Hi all,

I have a dual monitor set-up with xranr so that my laptop monitor is
'primary' and to the left of it I have secondary external monitor which
is actually at +0+0 in xrandr 'lingo'.
With this setup Pd and any new Pd window is launched on the external
monitor, even though I have an option in my window manager DE setting
(Xfce) to open new windows under the mouse pointer.

Is there any quick way (Tk hack? terminal...?), to force Pd (and new Pd
windows to start on my primary display - which is actually at
1366x768+1920+0 (again xranr lingo for the fact that its resolution is
1366x768 and it is at 1920 'right' of the external monitor)?

I assume some wmctrl or xdotool would be possible, but not so easy for
new windows ect...

Lorenzo.
[1] https://www.x.org/archive/current/doc/man/man1/xrandr.1.xhtml