[PD] invoking [value] and [send] objects without arguments

Jean-Yves Gratius jyg at gumo.fr
Thu Nov 8 11:47:00 CET 2018

Hello,

I noticed (pd 0.49) that [value]  invoked without creation argument is
"listening" to any [send] invoked without creation argument.

This can lead to error message ("value : no method for ...") when
passing any message to the send object.

This is a logical behaviour, as you shouldn't pass a message to a send
object without specified target.

But in my case I spent some time before discovering the error I made in
my patch.

What do you think about one of following feature request  ?

   1) warn about this behaviour in hel patch ?

or

  2) generate a warning in console when using send without target ?

thks

JYG