[PD] German translation of Pd

Winfried Ritsch ritsch at iem.at
Thu Nov 8 15:08:53 CET 2018

Hi, Thanks for coming up with this theme.

Yes some terms are very confusing, So lets start now real discussion about
this. My main issues:

main menu:

File
  message... : "Pd-Nachricht senden" is missleading, Pd-Nachricht is not a
        term which could be found anywhere, better "Message senden..."

       I think message should be "message" since SMS every german speaker
       knows what a message is.

   Preferences -> Startup: Voreinstellungen->Bibliotheken & Startprozess
      It is to long, even not the same  than in english
      I would translate "Startoptionen"

Edit -> Paste replace: Bearbeiten -> Objekte ersetzen
       I think "Ersetzen" is enough" although in english objects are not
       mentioned
Find -> find again : "Finde nochmal"
       better "erneut finden", because we do not want to find "nochmal"

Put -> ...
   I would take the english names, since they are names of functions and not
  some action advice:  "Object" "message"  "number" "symbol" "comment", ...

  Also Radioknopf is wrong, since "Radioschalter"  but "Radiobutton" is
   anyway german ( https://de.wiktionary.org/wiki/Radiobutton )

  Very bad is "Feld" for array and "arbeitsfläche" for canvas, since
  array is a data type and Arbeitsfläche means Desktop normally

 media -> Medien: wrong since Medien in german means "media content"
        and we switch DSP on/of there tests and settings, so I think its not
       even media in english, more like "System" or Interfaces

The Rest is quite fine, except: "Zusätzliche Objekte im Internet finden",
since "Finde Externals" is more correct.

mfg
 winfried

BTW:
Since I use Pd on multiple languages and multiple computers, sometimes on
standard accounts for teaching, I do not change language and dont want to for
others, so let us make a better translation.