[PD] German translation of Pd

Simon Iten itensimon at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 16:25:40 CET 2018

i think the fundamental question is:

do you translate terms that are part of the pd-lingo? (and yes i know that word or any other commercial software does this)

i am not sure the learning curve for an english speaking person is that much faster if he does not have to learn the 5 english terms that are most commonly used in the put menu. some of them are also not obvious in english. point being, if you learn a “programming” language, you have to learn new terms anyway, not sure it really matters what words those are.

additionally, if you ever use the internet to look up how something could be patched or search for examples, all the terms and explanations will be in english… so maybe better to just learn it like this from the beginning.