[PD] No current Gem for OS X?

Christof Ressi christof.ressi at gmx.at
Tue Nov 13 00:07:54 CET 2018

> Is there any inherent disadvantage of running Pd in its 32bit version?

generally, one advantage of 64-bit apps is that you can address more memory. this can be quite useful in GEM if you want to load video files into RAM.

however, maybe the biggest advantage of 64bit apps on OSX is that you will be able to run them on the next OSX version ;-) https://www.computerworld.com/article/3269007/apple-mac/what-apples-32-bit-app-phase-out-on-mojave-means-to-you.html

> Out of interest, why are the Windows versions of Pd also affected by
> this 32/64bit discrepancy?

on Windows, Pd has always been released as 32-bit, only since 0.49 we have "official" 64-bit releases-

Christof