[PD] webcam to pix_video with VLC plugin on Mac OS X

Csaba Láng langcsaba at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 15:51:56 CET 2018

Dear List,

I am still looking for a reasonable solution to have a video input to Mac
OS X with Gem.

I was testing syphon_client, works almost OK, except that could not make
any motion detector out of it, no pix_background works with it, cannot
change contrast, threshold, basically nothing.

Just came to my mind the VLC plugin, which I have compiled luckily, but the
documentation is so poor to the VLC plugin that cannot find a way to get a
video device with one message into it.

Can anyone give me a nice hint to use the vlc plugin with a USB webcam
connected directly to the computer? What is the message to use?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Popesz