[PD] vanilla OSC message format

Max abonnements at revolwear.com
Fri Nov 23 22:37:41 CET 2018

Hi list.

I have a working mrpeach OSC patch which links a motion capture system
(Captury) to Pd.
I have no control over the message format being sent from the mocap
software. The software requires to subscribe to every bone before that
one is sent.

In mrpeach osc objects the subscription works like this:

[connect {IP} {port}(

| [send /subscribe/@/bllender/Root/vector(
| |
| [packOSC]
|/
[udpsend]

I expected the vanilla version of this to be this:

[connect {IP} {port}(

| [symbol vector(
| |
| [oscformat -f sssss subscribe @ blender Root]
| |
| [list prepend send]
| |
| [list trim]
|/
[netsend -u -b]

I also tried variations of that but could not get subscribed to the
mocap system. Is the @ symbol an issue for vanilla OSC? It acts like a
wildcard for any value in this case. If different people are registered
each would have an assigned name instead of the @.

The same issue is at the receiving end to get the data.

mrpeach version (works):

[udpreceive {port}]

[unpackOSC]

[route /@/blender/Root/vector]

[unpack f f f]

[nbx]

my vanilla OSC version is not working:

[netreceive {port} 1]

[oscparse]

[route @]

[route blender]

[route Root]

[route vector]

[unpack f f f]

[nbx]

Any clues what could be wrong?

Note: "blender" in the osc path just refers to the skeleton standard
used, there is no blender involved.

It's not an urgent matter, I can live with a working mrpeach
implementation just fine, I was simply thinking to reduce the number of
dependencies from 1 to 0 would be neat and was astonished that I could
not do in vanilla what was possible with mrpeach.

m.