[PD] (GEM) running pix_film without installing quicktime?

enrike altern2 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 09:16:39 CET 2018

>> ok but do I need to install those codecs or can I just drop a dll
>> inside GEM?
>
> i don't think so ...
>

> just out of curiosity: can you playback this ?
>
> http://klingt.org/fileservice/downloads/05826154340905930-test2_cut.zip
>
> (that's a simple 2 seconds mjpeg file encoded with FFMPEG.)

I will try in the evening in the class computers but at home I have a
clean windows 7 install in an old machine. I tried there but does not
play the video you sent. In the PD console I get this

filmQT: Could not initialize quicktime: error -2093

[pix_movie]: DirectShow support

[pix_movie]: opening
C:/Users/r2d2/Desktop/malinette-soft-win-master/malinette-soft-win-master/malinette-ide/projects/malinette-default/test2_cut.avi
with format 1908

Unable to connect filters -2147220969

[pix_movie]: unable to open file: