[PD] [PD-announce] vstplugin~ 0.1-alpha released
christof.ressi at gmx.at
Fri Nov 30 14:45:24 CET 2018
I'm happy to announce the first alpha release of [vstplugin~], an external to - you guessed it - load VST plugins in Pd.
* cross platform (Windows, MacOS and Linux)
* load any kind of VST plugin (audio effect, MIDI effect, soft synth etc.)
* automate plugin programmatically with Pd messages
* use either the native VST GUI (WIN32, Cocoa, X11) or a generic Pd editor
* preset management: read/write standard .fxp and .fxb files or
set/get the plugin state as a Pd lists to build your own preset management.
* choose between single and double precision (if the plugin supports it)
* MIDI input/output
* basic sequencing support (for arpeggiators, sequencers etc.)
NOTE: currently only VST2.x plugins are supported but VST3 support will come soon!
see vstplugin~-help.pd for detailed instructions.
the external is already available on Deken. here's the source code: https://git.iem.at/ressi/vstplugin
please report any issues, questions or feature requests to https://git.iem.at/ressi/vstplugin/issues
NOTE: on MacOS, the plugin GUI defaults to the generic Pd editor, use "-gui" to force the native VST GUI. if you want to know why, check out the README.
*** for all the Cocoa devs lurking, please have a look at: https://git.iem.at/ressi/vstplugin/issues/4 - I need your advice :-) ***
PS: check out the wonderful IEM plugin suite (https://plugins.iem.at/) - a set of crossplatform and open source Ambisonics VST plugins developed at the IEM.
Pd-announce mailing list
Pd-announce at lists.iem.at
More information about the Pd-list