[PD] Recognizing USB MIDI interfaces on Pd 0.48.1 (Debian 9.5)

Ingo ingo at miamiwave.com
Fri Nov 30 16:47:21 CET 2018

Thanks, Jamie!

got it finally to connect or disconnect now.

I didn't have the correct client and ID numbers.
I'll have to find a way to retrieve the port number of an unknown USB
interface first automatically before I can connect it to Pd automatically.
I couldn't find any way to connect an existing new port without knowing its
number.

I tried	aconnect *:0 128:0	instead of	aconnect 24:0 128:0	but it didn't work.
Obviously havin * become 128 would cause a feedback loop - so it makes sense
not to work.

I had also installed qjackctl as IOhannes suggested.
This also works.

Thanks, IOhannes!

But I would have to figure out how to connect the ports without the graphical
part by command lines.
I'll check both options. Aconnect seems to be the way to go for now.

Thanks everybody!
I'm on my way to have it back to the way it used to be with a few more tweaks.

Now I only have to get my write protected OS to boot up which seems to be
different on Debian Stretch as compared to my old Ubuntu.

Ingo