[PD] tabwrite onset

João Pais jmmmpais at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 14:22:35 CET 2018

Hello list,

I'm creating long tables (+20m, @22.05KHz, Pd 32b windows), where I read a
short voice sample from another table and copy them into different places
in the long table. Since that's running outside of the audio chain, I'm
using [tabread]+[tabwrite]. The idea is to generate an audio file from a
list of events without having to "bounce" the playback.

I notice that the further away the samples are copied to, the worse the
audio quality gets. There is an onset parameter for [tabread4~] to help in
these cases, but not any for [tabwrite]. Do you advise any solutions to
this? I could split the long buffer in several buffers, but at some point
it would have to be put together. Or maybe a clever use of [block~] to
make a subpatch that would go very fast through the table?

Since this patch uses extended objects, I can't use Pd64b. I would prefer
to use vanilla objects for this module, if possible.

Best,

Joao