[PD] Network crashes pd

Orm Finnendahl orm.finnendahl at selma.hfmdk-frankfurt.de
Wed Dec 5 15:00:20 CET 2018

Hi,

 I experience sudden pd crashes on a computer connected to 4 remote
computers using tcp/ip. The patch is connected using bidrectional
netsend/netreceive objects on the local and remote machines (ascii
format, tcp). The computers are interconnected by cable with a GBit
switch (static addresses, no router). The local computer runs pd
0.48.2 on Linux, the remote computers run pd 0.49 on OSX.

I'm doing networking with pd for >17 yrs and never experienced this
problem. As I'm on tour and had a crash in the middle of the rehearsal
yesterday, it'd be really important to know what causes this, or, if
it's a bug, which version made major changes to netsend/receive
eventually causing this.

Does anybody know why and under what cirsumstances pd can crash when a
network connection is established?

--
Orm
Prof. Orm Finnendahl