[PD] RPi Debug

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Dec 5 15:14:02 CET 2018

On 05.12.18 14:12, Christof Ressi wrote:
>  > is sometimes piling up RAM, which causes the RPi to crash. can this be connected?
> do you happen to print stuff to the console continuously? There was an issue
> that when you print *a lot* of text, the GUI would eventually run out of memory
> (don't know if this has been fixed in the meantime).

the question is how to actually fix it in a reasonable way.
maybe I do want to have zillions of lines of text in my RAMmed up machine?

anyhow, if the printout is indeed the culprit (and it sounds like a
plausible analysis to me), then a simpe fix could be to just print to
stderr.
that is, start pd with:

$ pd -stderr

you will still have a GUI, but the Pd-console will be redirected to the
terminal (which just drops the oldest lines).

> BTW: your last three e-mails all had different subject lines although the topic
> is the same. make sure that you keep the subject line, so people can later
> follow the thread.

+1, although you could have changed the subject as well :-)

fgmr
IOhannes