[PD] Deken - question / feature request

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 17:41:41 CET 2018

Hi

On Sun, 2018-12-09 at 14:17 +0100, João Pais wrote:
> I need to distribute a patch, which has to be programmed in Pd
> Vanilla but
> with some external libraries. Since the patch will be downloaded by
> unexperienced persons,
> it would be good that the externals would be
> automatically installed by deken.

You could also create an all-in-one bundle, containing your patch and
abstractions, the externals and a copy of Pd. By modifying tcl/pd-
gui.tcl you can make Pd automatically load your patch.

There might be many reasons not to do it this way, but it is certainly
very easy for little-experienced end-users.

Roman