[PD] GEM building error: Event.cpp / addevent

gnd gnd at itchybit.org
Tue Dec 18 14:45:02 CET 2018

Hi !

Not sure if the gem-dev mailinglist still works so ill ask here. I was
trying to build the latest sources of GEM 0.43.3 with latest pd 0.49.0
and i stumbled across this error:

Event.cpp: In function 'void triggerKeyboardEvent(char*, int, int)':
Event.cpp:461:38: error: invalid conversion from 'const char*' to
'char*' [-fpermissive]
   addEvent(KEYBOARD, gensym(string)->s_name, 0, 0, state, 0, value, 0);

It is also described here:

I would be interested in the patch as apparently it is not included in
the sources i downloaded. Also checking the GEM Sourceforge i dont see
any changes from 2018 (as the Debian bug would suggest) - maybe its in a
branch ?

Thanks for any suggestions how to make it build !

gnd/