[PD] save patch as an image

Giulio Moro giuliomoro at yahoo.it
Sun Dec 30 21:47:52 CET 2018

Possibly not what you are looking for, but on Bela we use a modified version of https://github.com/sebpiq/pd-fileutils to generate a preview SVG from a .pd file. This has the big advantage of not needing Pd, so you could run it in the user's browser or on a server, and consequently it has at least a couple of drawbacks:
- array/tables are not displayed
- the number of I/O of each object is determined by the number of I/O connections and not by the property of the object itself
There is at least one bug:
- comment lines don't wrap
Our version has a couple of fixes with respect to mainline, here it is: https://github.com/BelaPlatform/Bela/blob/master/IDE/public/js/pd-fileutils.js

On Sunday, 23 December 2018, 16:28:39 GMT, IOhannes m zmölnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:

On 12/23/18 5:25 PM, Alexandre Torres Porres wrote:

> Hi, what's your best way to do this?

install my patch2svg plugin, and use that.

gmar
IOhannes