[PD] vanilla partitioned convolution abstraction

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 05:18:43 CET 2019

Hi, happy new year.

Here's a vanilla partitioned convolution abstraction
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pbkg8xy2yhy9bpo/conv~-vanilla.zip…
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/pbkg8xy2yhy9bpo/conv~-vanilla.zip?dl=0&fbclid=IwAR3Sj1Cx8it5Tt8ne5miujaQxhgqlr1S2AuoyhGQzjQwofvR7OpUzhh9EgE>

It is based on this http://tre.ucsd.edu/wordpress/?p=772
<http://tre.ucsd.edu/wordpress/?p=772&fbclid=IwAR0cFSK7dKpsYc1tq1gH5nebQ0aSPLFhTOB-ztlsz0Fx0tbz9_tYwKAN4NE>

what you think, is it working? Both objects on the help file take about 40%
of my CPU power, but I'm on a wild machine

I made some changes on the original work by Tom Erbe. It is supposed to be
more efficient because the FFT on the input is only done once! I tried the
idea of having each partition work with FFT saved on tables, so we wouldn't
need to perform FFTs in different instances of clone, but that doesn't seem
to be possible. And, well, it is made as an abstraction and all you need to
do is give it the window size and the IR sound file name...

cheers