[PD] christmas gems

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Jan 4 20:38:33 CET 2019

On 1/4/19 7:01 PM, Csaba Láng wrote:
>    1. Gemwindow is always on top

which is not that bad (at least, better than never on top) :-)
which window-backend are you using? (open the gemdefaultwindow.pd
abstraction to see which [gem*window] object is being used.

you can also change the default windowing backend to e.g.
[gemglfw3window] or [gemmacoswindow] or whatever gem*window.pd_darwin
you find in the Gem folder, and see whether this does soemthing different.

>    2. cannot create bigger Gemwin than size of the screen. Whatever
>    resolution I add the biggest will be the dimension of the screen itself.
>    Maybe it depends on Glew.

i don't think that glew is to blame. probably glut (if this is the
backend you are using).
what yre you trying to achieve?

>    3. AVF backennd for pix_video launches built-in facetime camera but only
>    white rectangle is visible on the screen, no image is rendered. External
>    USB device is not recognised.

yes, this has been reported as https://github.com/umlaeute/Gem/issues/200
i' be most interested, whether the same happens on older osx versions as
well (el-capitan,...)

gfmards
IOhannes