[PD] declare not working with audio files

Maximiliano Estudies maxiestudies at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 19:35:44 CET 2019

I can confirm that it works fine with [soundfiler]. In my case the
[declare] object is on the main patch (not in an abstraction)

The issue that IOhannes pointed me to
https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/issues/234 pretty covers the why and
also the proposed solution.
In my case is not a big deal to write the full relative path name, but a
solution with [canvas] would be fancier.

Thanks for the replies.
Maxi

El sáb., 5 ene. 2019 a las 18:25, Miller Puckette (<msp at ucsd.edu>) escribió:

> I think there's some trouble opening files via paths in readsf~.
>
> But it's also a longstanding problem that relative paths from within
> abstractions are
> taken as relative to the abstraction, not the owning patch, so that if the
> abstraction
> is itself somewhere out on the path it gets horribly confusing.  I've been
> agonizing for
> years as to how to fix that.
>
> cheers
> Miller
>
> On Sat, Jan 05, 2019 at 02:48:59PM +0100, IOhannes m zm??lnig wrote:
> > On 1/5/19 2:31 PM, Maximiliano Estudies wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am trying to use [declare -path audio] to declare a subdirectory to
> store
> > > my audio files relative to the patch, but pd seems unable to see the
> files.
> > > Pd sees abstractions and text files in the subdirectory though.
> > > In the documentation says "abstractions and/or other supporting
> files". Are
> > > only text files supported?
> > >

> > it works fine with [soundfiler].
> >
> > see also https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/issues/234