[PD] vanilla partitioned convolution abstraction

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 17:13:16 CET 2019

Ok, here's the new deal...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l69gzv98g3th5d1/conv.rev~.zip?dl=0

there are two subpatches for testing, one is light with a relative big
window partition (1024) and a short Impulse Response (2 secs).

The other is quite heavy, it's an 8 sec long IR with a window size of 512!
This one takes just a bit over 50% of my CPU power, and I'm on a last
generation macbook pro (2.6Ghz processor)... but I need to increase the
Delay (msec) from 5 to 10 in the audio settings, otherwise I get terrible
clicks!

William Brent's convolve is ridiculously much more efficient, the same
parameters take about 14% of my CPU power and I can use a delay of 5 ms in
the audio settings.

But anyway, this is useful for teaching and apps that implement a light
convolution reverb (short IR/not too short window) need pure vanilla
(libpd/camomille and stuff)

Cheers!