[PD] vanilla partitioned convolution abstraction

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 19:44:37 CET 2019

Em ter, 8 de jan de 2019 às 15:40, Lucas Cordiviola <lucarda27 at hotmail.com>
escreveu:

> Are you sure [clone ./convpartition 688 church.wav 1007] is correct?

yup, what do you mean?

Anyway, I'm using dynamic patching because the patch calculates how many
partitions we need fro the IR size and window size. Then I create the
[clone] object with the ./convpartition abstraction and make the
connections. The number of instances of clone is the number of partitions
"688" when loading church.wav as an IR with a window size of 512. The last
number (1007) is actually "$0", which I use to send information to the
instances of ./convpartition abstraction (inside the abstraction there's a
[r $3-size] object.

So yeah, all looks nice...

Anyway, if [clone] allowed us to set the number of instances via a message,
everything would be much simpler and no need for dynamic patching.

On Pd-32bit I get the console spitting multiple:

> *pd: resizebytes() failed -- out of memory*
>
> :(

 that sucks :/ - I have no idea why, I've never seen the "*pd:
resizebytes() failed -- out of memory*" message.

It freezes my windows machine if opening on Pd-64bit.

weird :/