[PD] speed

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 22:13:34 CET 2019

On Sat, 2019-01-12 at 20:44 +0000, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:
> >On Friday, January 11, 2019, 8:12:46 AM EST, Roman Haefeli <
> reduzent at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> so, what is the actually algotithm the [line] object is using?
>
> > Check the help of line. I cannot explain it better than that. Key
> words
> are 'time grain' and 'grain rate'.
>
> Hi Roman,
>
> What does "grain rate" mean?

The rate at which [line] outputs an update of the current value. I'd
probably call the second argument "grain period" as "grain rate"
implies a frequency.

> Specifically-- if the default grain rate is 20ms, what does that mean
> for
> the schedule upon which [line] will output messages over the course
> of
> a given ramp's duration?

I'm not sure I fully understand what your asking. Upon receiving a two-
float list, [line] starts sending out messages at the given rate. The
time period between the message reflects the second argument, except
for the time period between the second to last and last message where
the period might be shorter so that the sum of all grains equals the
ramp time given.

Roman