[PD] parse pdreceive in a unix shell script

Peter P. peterparker at fastmail.com
Mon Jan 14 17:57:18 CET 2019

Hi list,

trying to write a shell script that launches a Pd patch and executes an
action (like connect alsa midi or jack ports) once the patch is up. The
patch contains a netsend object that automatically netsends a message to
port 3000. The pdreceive binary is started right after Pd:
	pd upAndRunning.pd & pdreceive 3000
Now I am wondering how I can parse the output of pdreceive in that shell
scipt and use some conditional to execute things like
	aconnect 'Midiinterface':0 'Pure Data':0
once it receives a valid message from Pd.

Could it even be possible to send that shell command from Pd itself
through pdreceive without the need for the [shell] external?

Thank you for all pointers!