[PD] speed

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 14 19:22:18 CET 2019

 > On Sunday, January 13, 2019, 4:16:38 PM EST, Roman Haefeli <reduzent at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure I fully understand what your asking. Upon receiving a two-
float list, [line] starts sending out messages at the given rate. The
time period between the message reflects the second argument, except
for the time period between the second to last and last message where
the period might be shorter so that the sum of all grains equals the
ramp time given.
I don't believe you can deduce that behavior from the help file for [line]:
https://github.com/pure-data/pure-data/blob/master/doc/5.reference/line-help.pd

I think your description above is a much better response to the question of, "what is the algorithm" than the link you provided the OP.
It's also a better response to the question, "what is the behavior of [line]?" So I think it belongsin the help file for [line] (and I'll add something like it in Purr Data[1]).
-Jonathan
[1] https://git.purrdata.net/jwilkes/purr-data/issues/498