[PD] open [openpanel] window in the patch folder

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 15:25:52 CET 2019

On Tue, 2019-01-15 at 13:35 +0000, Mario Buoninfante wrote:

> Would it be possible to use something like the following
>
> [symbol ./(
> |

> [openfolder]
>
> to open the dialog window in the current patch folder?
>
> This syntax works when you save or load files (ie with [textfile]),
> but doesn't seem to work with [openpanel] and [savepanel].

The help file says that you can use [symbol <some path>( to open a
specific directory. However, when you give a relative path, it is
relative to Pd's start location, which is pretty useless.

I am in favor of your suggestions. For this to work, pathes should be
relative to the patch, which would make much more sense, imho.

Roman