[PD] cyclone linux objects missing?

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 22:20:21 CET 2019

Em sex, 18 de jan de 2019 às 13:38, João Pais <jmmmpais at gmail.com> escreveu:

> I think there are also other objects missing, are they going to be
> included at some point?
>

>From the release notes of the "Release Candidate 1" version

"For this release candidate, we also deleted experimental and just "not
ready" objects that weren't actual or good clones and needed more work,
they are: [filtercoeff~], [biquad~], [cascade~] and [freqshift~]. These may
be brought back into a final stable release later on."

But, to be honest, I think I'm personally done with cloning new cyclone
objects, we did include quite a lot of new objects anyway, though...

what are the differences between both biquad versions? a neutral filter
> coefficient is in cyclone 1 0 0 0 0, in vanilla 1 -1 1 -1 1. Are other
> coefficients very different?

They both take the same coefficients, but the syntax is different. In Pd
it's *fb1 fb2 ff1 ff2 ff3* but in Max it's *ff1 ff2 ff3 -**fb1 -fb2*

This means you need to change the order and the sign of the feedback
coefficients for them to be the same.

cheers