[PD] loading Camomile plug-ins using vstplugin~

Christof Ressi christof.ressi at gmx.at
Sun Jan 20 13:25:22 CET 2019

Sorry, I got confused! you were (obviously) talking about loading the Camomile plugin inside Pd with [vstplugin~]. And yeah, this probably won't work for reason you've mentioned.
When I announced [vstplugin~] people immediately came up with this idea but they were joking (I hope!)

> > Perhaps there's a way vstplugin~ could load the VST in such a way as to have
> > it only make calls back into vstplugin~ but not into Pd?

there's not much I can do in [vstplugin~], VST plugins are basically a black box. Maybe [vstplugin~] + Camomile works if the Pd app is compiled with PDINSTANCE? But again, I don't see why anyone would want to do this instead of just loading the patch as an abstraction?

Christof