[PD] loading Camomile plug-ins using vstplugin~

Claude Heiland-Allen claude at mathr.co.uk
Sun Jan 20 14:35:46 CET 2019

Hi,

On 20/01/2019 01:52, Miller Puckette wrote:
> I don't think it works.  Unless I'm misreading things, once Camomile calls
> pd_init(), that call doesn't go to the pd_init that's compiled into
> Camomile (via libpd) but instead calls pd_init from the Pd that called
> vstplugin~ that called Camomile.  This does nothing, and the next thing libpd
> tries to access in the Pd instance fails.
Maybe static linking of libpd in Camomile would fix this?  But that
would just postpone the issue until the first dynamically-linked
external is loaded by the deeper Pd, which tries to access eg
class_new(): does it get the one in Pd host or Camomile .pd_linux?

On GNU glibc systems, dlmopen() may be relevant?

Claude
--
https://mathr.co.uk