[PD] Installing GEM on mac?

Max abonnements at revolwear.com
Sat Jan 26 19:51:18 CET 2019

On 26.01.19 19:35, J. Simon van der Walt wrote:
> I've been away from Pd for quite a while, and I see that pd-extended
> is no longer a thing?

It's no longer updated and has fallen behind. Some may say that
Purr-Data has picked up where extended has stalled.
http://puredata.info/downloads/Pd-L2Ork

> I want to use GEM, so: I have Pd-0.49-1 installed and working. I went
> to 'Find externals', searched for 'gem' and installed:
>
> Gem/0.94~pre1 (deken-archive for macOS Intel/64bit)
>      Uploaded by zmoelnig @ 2018-12-23 18:17:43

That's the correct thing to do.

> This seems to have put some stuff into the Pd app bundle. However,
> when I try to open an example, most objects don't seem to be found, eg
> 'gemwin… could not create'.

Deken (the external manager you have used through 'Find externals')
should have asked you if you want to add Gem to the search paths. Did
you say no to that? Of so, add the path manually in Preferences->Paths.
Did you restart Pd?

Open a new patch, make an Object [Gem] and keep an eye on the Pd window
console. Then try the examples.

m.