[PD] Installing GEM on mac?

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sat Jan 26 21:25:19 CET 2019

On 1/26/19 7:51 PM, Max wrote:

>> This seems to have put some stuff into the Pd app bundle. However,
>> when I try to open an example, most objects don't seem to be found, eg
>> 'gemwin… could not create'.

seems like you didn't load Gem.

> Deken (the external manager you have used through 'Find externals')
> should have asked you if you want to add Gem to the search paths. Did
> you say no to that?

hopefully.
you shouldn't allow deken to automatically add search-paths.
the entire functionality was an ugly hack for Pd<0.49.

> Of so, add the path manually in Preferences->Paths.

you shouldn't need that with Gem.

what you do need to do is *load* Gem.
creating an object [declare -lib Gem] should do that trick for you.
this will also add the Gem-path to the search-paths of Pd, in order to
find all those nifty objects like [gemwin].
(if it doesn't that is a bug; but i doubt it is)

fgnasdr
IOhannes