[PD] batch processing and event execution

Christof Ressi christof.ressi at gmx.at
Tue Jan 29 12:23:56 CET 2019

> Finally, when doing batch processing, does Pd create a "list" of all the events that will take place before doing them?

there's nothing special with batch mode. Pd will just tick the scheduler as fast as possible (instead of waiting for the soundcard), so every rule of realtime mode also applies to batch mode. blocking operations are totally fine, Pd will just wait for it to complete, it is fully deterministic.

one should be careful with [realtime], though. the difference to [timer] will become very apparent :-)

Christof