[PD] MIDI device showing up as an audio device in a singleboard linux device

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 03:25:41 CET 2019

Hi, so, I'm still trying to use this old and now just garbage C.H.I.P.
computer (the 1st under 10$ single board computer). It's running Pd 0.49-0
on a debian system.

I'm plugging in MIDI devices like a nanokontrol and a MIDI-USB. They do
show up, but not as MIDI devices, I can only see and select them in the
audio properties.

How crazy is that? Anybody ever seen this?

Mighty Linux people, any hints on how to deal with this?

Thanks!