[PD] MIDI device showing up as an audio device in a singleboard linux device

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 04:09:47 CET 2019

Em ter, 5 de fev de 2019 às 00:47, Giulio Moro <giuliomoro at yahoo.it>
escreveu:

> So, assuming you have one MIDI device plugged in and also some sort of
> audio codec, then it seems that ALSA  is recognizing these devices
> correctly. What audio backend is selected in Pd? What (if any) MIDI devices
> show up?

The "sun4icodec [sun4i-codec]" shows up as an audio device, and it works
for the onboard stereo output.

The "USB Uno MIDI Interface" also shows up in the audio devices, but it
doesn't show up in Preferences => MIDI, all i has is "/dev/midi1" - and
then I decided to select it and... wow... MIDI input works...

this shows how little I know about linux, sorry, I really thought it was
strange that a MIDI device shows up in Audio but not in MIDI... seems like
all this is just how it's supposed to be, huh? If so, it still looks weird
to me I have to say.