[PD] [soundfiler] - too many open files / bad file descriptor error (meaning?)

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 10:55:41 CET 2019

Hi Alex

I see that your version of [conv~] uses [else/dir] internally and this
external of yours is still leaking file handles. I think I already
reported this, but can't find an open issue about it. Maybe you closed
them, despite them not being fixed.

Anyway, last time I checked, each instance of [dir] was not leaking
three file handles anymore, but only one. So there is an improvement,
but the issue is not fixed. You really need to close all file handles
that you opened before.

Roman

P.S.: I'm kinda happy to see that it bites you. This may sound mean,
but I do think that else is a great library and thus the more danger is
in such issues not being fixed. So: Thanks for the library, thanks for
fixing the issue!