[PD] [soundfiler] - too many open files / bad file descriptor error (meaning?)

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 16:54:37 CET 2019

Em sex, 8 de fev de 2019 às 07:58, Roman Haefeli <reduzent at gmail.com>
escreveu:

> Hi Alex
>
> I see that your version of [conv~] uses [else/dir] internally and this
> external of yours is still leaking file handles. I think I already
> reported this, but can't find an open issue about it. Maybe you closed
> them, despite them not being fixed.

nope, still open, and yeah, we already tried to fix that but it wasn't
fully solved :/

thanks all for clarifying this. I guess I should get back to trying to fix
it ;)

> Anyway, last time I checked, each instance of [dir] was not leaking
> three file handles anymore, but only one. So there is an improvement,
> but the issue is not fixed. You really need to close all file handles
> that you opened before.

Yeah, that was the best I could do so far...

> Roman
>
> P.S.: I'm kinda happy to see that it bites you. This may sound mean,
> but I do think that else is a great library and thus the more danger is
> in such issues not being fixed. So: Thanks for the library, thanks for
> fixing the issue!

I'm actually glad too, haha... but with mixed feelings. I wasn't actually
aware this could lead to potential issues.

cheers