[PD] [soundfiler] - too many open files / bad file descriptor error (meaning?)

Alexandre Torres Porres porres at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 19:09:19 CET 2019

Anyway, this means the only way for me to deal with this is to close the
directory EVERY time right after I open it. But it's not ideal for the
design of this object, where I wanted it to leave the directory open so we
could keep querying for files without the need to reopen it every time. I
guess I can just deal with this by opening/closing all the time, but it
kinda sucks... Unless the wizards out there have a magical way out for me
:)

I could also try and see how other Pd objects deal with this... I'm using
[dir] to remove my dependency of [playlist], haven't tested how it'd behave
in this situation, probably fine. I have tested [hcs/folder_list] though,
it does this sort of thing and doesn't seem to crash!

Well, let me go ahead and sort this out, thanks a lot for your help!

cheers